Subdomain redirecting and Rubedo page preview

Open discussion about events, meetups and other general topics of interest to the Rubedo Community.

Subdomain redirecting and Rubedo page preview

Postby eworkflow » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:39 pm

I realized that topic related to subdomains fits better here in General section so here we go. I also understand that Rubedo's support normally does extend to Apache setup details but I am motivated to get resolved, by any means possible, why I can't use Rubedo on Linode.

My current multi-site Rubedo use issue is on Centos 7 (Linode). My goal is to set Apache & Rubedo to meet BOTH of the following conditions:
A) Browsing to "www.example.com" shall not cause "Page not found" error. Currently, browsing to "example.com" is OK.
B) Browsing to any "other.example.com" shall preserve that subdomain URL and permit that Rubedo preview works correctly (not just redirecting each subdomain to the example.com domain).

That is currently not met for me when using the recommended vhost.conf configuration. BTW I also tried viewtopic.php?f=24&t=126 instructions but it does not help. I suspect now that Linode Centos 7 may have some "non-standard" way of hooking Linode DNS zones in a way that is not compatible with the default Rubedo setup. For example, I am not even sure if I must setup conf file in /etc/httpd/sites-enabled which is normally needed when setting Centos 7 for a multi-site use.

My current vhost.conf is:

Code: Select all
<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/rubedo/public"
   ServerName domain1.com
   ServerAlias www.domain1.com other.domain1.com
   <Directory "/var/www/html/rubedo/public">
       Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride All
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:80>
   DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/rubedo/public"
   ServerName domain2.com
   ServerAlias www.domain2.com
   <Directory "/var/www/html/rubedo/public">
       Options -Indexes +FollowSymLinks
       AllowOverride All
       Order allow,deny
       Allow from all
   </Directory>
</VirtualHost>
eworkflow

Re: Subdomain redirecting and Rubedo page preview

Postby eworkflow » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:13 pm

UPDATE: I am intensively working with Linode tech support to find what is responsible for this anomaly on Apache 2.4.6 (CentOS 7) / PHP 2.4 when working with Rubedo 3.3 so far without result. Here is a summary of the problem (domain name of course changed):

I CAN access http://example.com
and I CAN access http://www.example.com/en/homepage
but I CAN NOT access http://www.example.com

I have this huge problem currently and believe that it must relate to the Rubedo setup. The related error message is as follows:

Code: Select all
An error occurred during execution; please try again later.
More info
Additional information:
Rubedo\Exceptions\NotFound
File:
/var/www/html/rubedo/module/Rubedo/src/Rubedo/Frontoffice/Controller/IndexController.php                                    :134
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Mvc/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(83): Rubedo\Frontoffice\Controller\IndexController->indexAction()
#1 [internal function]: Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#2 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(468): call_user_func(Array, Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#3 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(207): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#4 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Mvc/Controller/AbstractController.php(116): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->trigger('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#5 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Mvc/DispatchListener.php(113): Zend\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch(Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Request), Object(Zend\Http\PhpEnvironment\Response))
#6 [internal function]: Zend\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#7 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(468): call_user_func(Array, Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#8 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/EventManager/EventManager.php(207): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#9 /var/www/html/rubedo/vendor/zendframework/zendframework/library/Zend/Mvc/Application.php(313): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->trigger('dispatch', Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#10 /var/www/html/rubedo/public/index.php(24): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#11 {main}
eworkflow

Re: Subdomain redirecting and Rubedo page preview

Postby eworkflow » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:53 am

It looks like httpd.conf on Linode didn't configure correctly to execute cgi-script and God knows what else. That is more than I can safely handle so I will try to install it somewhere else than on Linode because Rubedo looks (still only "looks" to me) as a potentially very applicable business tool.

I would only wish that the Rubedo Team creates some kind of alliance with one (!) of the many low-cost hosting providers (<$20 per month including backups) which act as a springboard for small business starters providing a well-controlled smooth migration path to the specialized rCLoud service. Action-oriented business starters, many of them located in not-so-rich countries, need that really badly.
eworkflow

Return to General Discussion